In all other situations, your information may be released to appropriate individuals or agencies ONLY UPON YOUR WRITTEN REQUEST or when our staff has been served by a valid subpoena.
The following PRIVACY PRACTICES
detail circumstances under which we will release your information to a third party:
Pertains to all clients seeking financial counseling:
1. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
2. We may compile data and aggregate information that you give to us, but this information may not be disclosed in a manner that would personally identify you in any way.
3. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
4. With your specific authorization, we will obtain a copy of your credit report in order to enable us to better assess your financial situation. You understand that said credit report will be the sole property of Financial Solutions and you will not receive a copy of your credit report. All information contained in your credit report will be considered confidential and used for legitimate business purposes under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Pertains to Debt Management Program participation:
5. We may disclose some or all of the information that we collect, as described below, to creditors and related financial institutions that need this information in order to put you on a Debt Management Program (DMP), or third parties that you have authorized who need this information in order for us to assist you after a counseling session.
6. We collect and may disclose nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
Information we received from you on our applications or other forms you provide; such as your name,
address, social security number, assets, and income;
Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others; such as your account balance,
payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and
Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
If you are joining a Debt Management Program, the following release
authorizes communications between FamilyMeans Financial Solutions and your creditors (third parties) to assist in the negotiation of a reasonable payment plan. As noted above, if you are not
joining a DMP, no information will be shared or disclosed, according to the law.
Release: I hereby authorize FamilyMeans Financial Solutions to release all non-public information it obtains about me to my creditors and any third parties necessary to resolve the matter(s) discussed during my counseling session. I further release and authorize all of my creditors to provide non-public information about me to FamilyMeans Financial Solutions.